Web server environment
CS-Cart is developed to meet most server configurations ranging from shared hosting accounts to dedicated servers. In fact, there are only two core things that your host must have to run CS-Cart:
- PHPversion 5.3 or greater;
- MySQLversion 4.1or greater (MySQLi or pdo_mysql must be supported)
This makes CS-Cart compatible with almost every server that supports PHP and MySQL. However, we recommendApacheor any interchangeable alternative as the most robust and stable server for your web store.
Other requirements and recommendations include:
allow_url_fopenoption is enabled in PHP
- safe_modeis disabled;
- GD libraryis installed;
Please make sure your GD configuration includesFreeTypefont library
- cURL supportis enabled;
This PHP extension is required to ensure support for secure connections and some payment systems, including PayPal, Authorize.Net and Google Checkout, as well as real-time shipping rate calculators for FedEx and DHL/Airborne;
- Phar extensionis enabled (built into PHP since v5.3.0);
- ZipArchive extensionis enabled (built into PHP since v5.2.0);
- file_uploadsis enabled;
- .htaccessfile (if supported) should have the following directives allowed:DirectoryIndex,Deny,Allow,Options,Order,AddHandler,RewriteEngine,RewriteBase,RewriteCondandRewriteRule.
- the following PHP commands areenabled:ini_set, ftp_exec, ftp_connect, ftp_login, ftp_get, ftp_put, ftp_nb_fput, ftp_raw, ftp_rawlist, mysql_pconnect, eva, system, exec, shell_exec, passthru, escapeshellarg, set_time_limit
Server operating system
With respect to the server operating systems, we recommend a Unix-like operating system such asFreeBSD,LinuxorOS X. Our commitment to Unix-like systems is confirmed by their well-known scalability, better security capabilities and higher performance level.